Friday, October 30, 2009

A Talent I Don't Have

Aren't these pretty? They lived in our living room where I grew up for probably more than 30 years. The living room was the room in our house we never went in to. Never thought much about these pillows until my mother said she didn't want them anymore. My sister, who knows my penchant for hanging onto old and/or handmade things, saved them for me. My Great Aunt Ruth made them for my parents. Beautiful handiwork. There is only one problem - my boys saw more flower motif things entering the house and asked where they were going, and were they going to have to use them? Telling the boys that they aren't even allowed to touch them made them only mildly more interested in them. But, they'll stay away. Next two I have to worry about are the dog brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment