Friday, October 30, 2009

The Difference Between Dogs and Kids

Dogs and young kids are so much alike. Both have to be told numerous times to do something before it becomes habit. However, when our kids refuse to form a positive habit we would never, ever consider giving them away. But dogs...ah, dogs. Riley, our adorable, sweet, mild tempered little Shih Tzu just doesn't understand he has to make some noise, any noise, when he has to go outside. He is the quietest dog ever. I'm even encouraging him to scratch on the door. We'll solve that problem, if he follows my directions now, later. Riley does his usual business first thing in the morning. We take him outside right out of crate. But then when we bring him back inside, sometime within the next 5 minutes to 2 hours, he's at it again. Food has nothing to do with his timing. Silently, and stealth-like, he knows it is wrong now and will have to deal with the wrath of Mom or Dad. I think I hear Roscoe giggling sometimes. Mornings are no time to have to stare at your dog and figure out if he is about to need to go out again. They are hectic, busy, and often I am not even home. So, I have dreamed about placing an advert in my vet's office:

For Give Away
(or I can pay you)
One Shih Tzu Puppy
Adorable, Sweet, Cuddly
Allows children to toss him about without making a sound
Keeps loving older dogs who want nothing to do with him
Takes an hour to eat anything over a half inch wide
Has IBS




No comments:

Post a Comment