Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Near Catastrophe!

My sock yarn blanket almost bit the dust today. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but just barely. Older son was home faking sick today and was asking me about my blanket. I told him it seems to be much wider than I had planned. (I've learned that sometimes despite the most accurate planning, the end result can be quite different than was planned - and there was nothing accurate about the planning of my blanket). Without going into the details that had the blame for what seemed like the demise of my beloved sock yarn blanket bounce back and forth, I finally realized the mistake was mine. I bound off 420 stitches only to turn around and pick up 420 stitches. Give or take. No need to get an exact number here. (Therein is the exact reason why I am a terrible knitter!) Picking up stitches is like picking up toothpicks off the floor, one at a time. Not fun. I apologized to the boy. Only to set an example of what one does when wrong. Quite frankly, I think he should keep his nose out of my knitting. An entire day wasted. 840 stitches and nothing accomplished. But disaster was averted. I don't have a new picture of the blanket, but it is resting comfortably now.

No comments:

Post a Comment