Friday, November 27, 2009

This Is A Corny Post

Because we all know I have learned to cook for real in the last couple of years, I wanted to share the my latest and greatest discovery.  Sure it has been discovered before me.  But this is my blog, so I am not going to write some corny history of my groundbreaking way (to me anyway) of making...corn.

Our nutritionist told me I could buy Del Monte canned corn and it is safe from cross contamination.  Good for the boy.  But all the boys love the taste of fresh corn, and two of the boys always have loose teeth now.  So on Thanksgiving morning I went to Whole Foods to buy ALL the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, I waited until the day of and no it really wasn't stressful.  I was only cooking for us and everyone helped.  Anyway, I bought 12 (!) ears of corn and W. schucked them.  He did a great job even though he didn't like how "gross" the "thready stuff" on the inside felt.  I sauteed onions, threw the corn in with a little oil and salt and it was delicious.  Now my kids only want corn that way.  Easy enough, but sometimes you just don't have those extra 10 minutes.  Oh well, another problem for another day.

If you've read earlier posts, you know I am a food/knitting blogger wanna be.  I've posted a couple of links to show you what real one's look like.  But for now, I think the corn in its original state and then while cooking looked kind of cool.  Such bright yellow.  The colorist in the house agreed.  That's all I needed to hear.






                                BTW, there were 12,875 corn niblets.

No comments:

Post a Comment