Friday, November 27, 2009

The Birth of a Blankie

Yes, another one.  I know the sock yarn blanket looks like it should take up all of my time, but a knitter has to have options.  Sometimes you're up for a challenge, sometimes you need something portable, sometimes you see and buy the most beautiful yarn you've ever seen and must knit with it right away, and sometimes your sister asks for a blanket for her 30th wedding anniversary.  Knowing how long it'll take to knit a blanket - which will probably end up more the size of a throw - I have to start now, so it'll be finished in two years.  Even though I have a few other things going on.  But that's all I am going to knit for now.   Really.

Except for the scarf I promised Steven (to be knit with the most delicious alpaca I bought at a fiber festival recently).  And then that's it for a while.  Really.

Update:  Delicious alpaca going to be made into a throw for master bedroom.  It feels so wonderful.  Now I have to buy more alpaca and buy different yarn for the now abandoned scarf for Steve.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment