Monday, December 27, 2010

The Day After The Day After Christmas

Definitely NOT after Christmas.  But the tree looked prettier with wrapped presents under it.
My younger guy still enjoys making homemade gifts.  Out of playdoh modeling clay he created a rose and a violet.  He put sugar in a bag, and found a picture of me around the house (one that was taken 22 years ago!) He wrote out the poem:
Rose are red
Violets are Blue
Sugar is sweet
And so are you

How loving is he?!

My cool teen has been getting me books as of late.  He knows what I like.  Last holiday (birthday) he bought me a knitting book.  This book is about Mom's finding time for themselves.  It is very thoughtful of him to think of books and think of what I would like to read.
 "What is this cracked bowl?"  You might be wondering.  Really, it is very obvious from the picture.  DH found this on www.etsy.com.  It is a great website for artisans to sell their crafts, and other handmade items.  Many of them professional.  You can search by subject.  He obviously searched knitting and came up with this very original bowl designed to hold the yarn (so it doesn't roll away) and even has a zig zag thingy to hold the yarn.  Cool and cool!
More homemade goodies from dear son #2.  A pen and pencil holder for Dad.  Hard to see, but a baseball holds a pencil and the cup has sports equipments on it.  He loves being creative.

There were other thoughtful gifts, but these were the best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that cracked bowl is amazing! SO glad you got nice gifts from your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love it too. Hope your holidays were fun too.

    ReplyDelete