Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Shame

One of the things I love about knitting is that you can experiment with different yarns, different stitches, and different needle sizes.  When I am done experimenting, I rip out what I have done, toss the yarn aside.  Ultimately I regret it.  And this is why:



I have no idea if other knitters are as lazy as I am.  But I tend to experiment at night when I am tired.  Things just end up getting shoved to the back of something.   I am pleased to report that after many hours and hours of undoing knots.  Most of the yarn is separated.  Time to start experimenting again...

I recently learned from http://www.ravelry.com that there is a group who love working on messes like the above.  They encourage you to send them your knotted mess, and they will unknot and re-roll and send it back. Depending on your patience level and if you need/appreciate mindless hand work, this kind of work can be soothing.  After the first week, I never picked up one of those messes, unless I was in the mood to let my mind wander.   However, if you are un-knotting in order to start a project, then the job is frustrating and endless.   In any case, I'll never let my yarn knot again!  That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment